How can YOU be involved?
Volunteer in the park
Roll up your sleeves with family, friends and neighbors at Coastal’s cleanups and planting events, typically held in May, June and October. Sign up to volunteer and receive emails about upcoming events.
Share your park ideas
We need community input to improve our local parks and protect our waterfront. Voice your concerns and ideas at meetings and events organized Coastal, the College Point Civic Association, and Community Board 7. Respond to calls for action emailed by Coastal and Civic.
Send a check
Running a volunteer organization requires money -- to make fliers, purchase supplies, host events, and advertise. Contribute to Coastal and help us continue to help the environment! Pledge your donation online and mail a check to Coastal Preservation Network, 9-22 119th St., College Point, NY 11356.
Not every donation needs to be monetary. Donations of goods or services are of tremendous help. Contact CPN at 917.612.0235 to discuss your in-kind contribution. Some examples of how College Point businesses have pitched in:
- Frank Marando Landscape Inc. transported and planted a Weeping Beech tree in MacNeil Park. CPN bought the tree with a grant, to replace a dying 100+-year-old weeping beech.
- Pepsi Bottling Co. and Starbucks regularly donate beverages for our events.
- Home Depot has donated shovels, trash bags, and gloves to support our clean-ups and plantings.
- Toys r Us, Whitepoint Cleaners, Millie’s Salon, and College Meat Center donated gift certificates as event raffle prizes.
- The College Point Community Ambulance Corps brings an ambulance to every event to tend to health emergencies that may arise.